Black Hills Triathlon 2018
Long Lake Park, 3054 Carpenter Rd SE
Lacey, WA 98503
Event Contact: Marc ChungPhone: (805) 403-2122 Email: MarcArmyChung@gmail.com
MORE INFORMATIONOfficial Website
2018 Black Hills Triathlon is part of the TRIPLE THREAT TRIATHLON SERIES!
ABOUT THE TRIPLE THREAT SERIES:
The Triple Threat series is comprised of three different triathlons, the Black Hills Triathlon in June, the Lakewood SummerFEST Triathlon in July and Pacific Pathways Triathlon in August. Athletes who complete all three triathlons will receive individual race medals as well as earn all three pieces of the magnetic Triple Threat Triathlon Series Medal.
Athletes, do not sign up for each triathlon individually if you plan to participate in the Triple Threat series. Instead go to this link and sign up for the Triple Threat Series, which will enroll you in the the Black HIlls Triathlon, SummerFEST Triathlon and Pacific Pathways Triathlon.
Changes from the 2017 BHT:
* Athlete check-in is the day of the event. Day before bike drop will not be available.
* The Bike course will be 12 miles, instead of 17.
* The Start will be a rolling start based on self assessed ability and experience, not gender.
* T1 and T2 will be at Long Lake Park, not the Thurston Country Fairgrounds barn. Parking will still be available at the Fairgrounds.
* USAT Rules are to be followed, however this will not be a USAT sanctioned race.
Registration is capped at 375 Triathletes and 75 Duathletes.
Our race has sold out the past two years so sign up early to ensure your spot!
Sprint Duathlon: The Black Hills Triathlon team is offering a duathlon along with their sprint triathlon race this year. The race will be capped at 75 people and accommodate 2-person relay teams. The course includes a 2.1 mile run, 12 mile bike and a 3.1 run. The first run segment will start at the lake and run through Long Lake park trail and then proceed into the transition area. The bike and second run segments will follow the triathlon course. Prizes will be awarded to overall and age group top finishers. Start time of both races will correspond. More detailed information will can be found at RunLakewood.com.
2790 Carpenter Rd SE
Lacey, WA 98503
Individual & Relay Team Competition
No refunds or transfers of registrations (although decision will be made on a case-by-case basis)
Price includes tax but does not include registration fee
Please note that registration dates may change due to race reaching capacity before 6/12
TRIATHLON: Individual Fees:
$100 Feb 15th - May 1st
$110 May 2nd – June 12th
TRIATHLON Relay Team Fees
$55 Per Person Now - February 14th
$60 Per Person Feb 15th - May 1st
$40 Per Person Now - February 14th
$45 Per Person Feb 15th - May 1st
- 1/2-Mile SWIM takes place in Long Lake*
- 12-Mile BIKE course, is an open loop that begins and ends at Long Lake Park.
- 5k loop RUN course. Approximately half of the course is on the shoulder or sidewalk of an open road and half is is a residential area. (*) Lake temperature is expected to be in the mid to upper sixties. We do recommend that participants wear a wetsuit and WetSuitRental.com is a great source of rentals.
Note: All packets, including Relay Team packets, must be picked up in person. We will not release a packet to a friend or spouse. If you are unable to make it to Saturday packet pick up, you will have the option to reserve a race day morning pick up. Also note: there is no day of race registration.
Athletes must show picture ID. Athletes are only allowed to pick up their own packets and packets will not be given to friends, spouses etc. No exceptions!
TRAVEL & LODGING