YAKIMA RIVER CANYON MARATHON - 2018
April 7, 2018
Selah Civic Center (Race Headquarters)
Selah, WA 98942
Event Contact: Race DirectorPhone: (509) 966-0188 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
MORE INFORMATIONOfficial Website
Sponsored by the Yakima Hard Core Runners Club.
A marathon that you really should consider for the whole weekend's experience is the Yakima River Canyon. It simply beats any other marathon experience PERIOD. At the end of the carbo loading dinner the night before, everyone knows everyone. Getting on the buses and on the beautiful course the next morning it's old home week with new friends. At the afternoon baked potato / salad bar awards dinner it is simply a hoot. I always stay two nights.
If not ready for a marathon, who cares? There are many, many slow runners and walkers and they are as well embraced, perhaps more so, than the front runners.
You'll rub elbows with many wide-eyed first timers and many knurly veterans that will astound middle of the packers, back of the packers, all equals at the end of the day.
Thanks....Jim Boyd, Aberdeen, WA
RACE HEADQUARTERS: Selah Civic Center, 216 South First Street, Selah, Washington.
Activities at the Race Headquarters:
• Packet Pickup and Late Registration - Friday, April 6, 3:00 - 8:00 p.m.
• Pasta Feed - Friday, April 6, 5:30 - 8:00 p.m. (Adults $10.00 - Children $5.00)
• Shuttle Bus Service to Race Start - Saturday, April 7, 6:00 a.m..
• Shuttle Bus Service from Finish between 11:00 a.m. and 3:00 p.m.
• Shuttle Bus Service to Ellensburg - At 1:00 p.m., 2:00 p.m. and 3:00 p.m. from the Finish Area.
• Awards Ceremony/Meal - Awards Ceremony at 4:00 p.m. followed by a baked potato meal and prize drawings for those in attendance. One ticket for the meal will be included in the entry fee. Athletes are encouraged to purchase additional tickets for friends and family when sending in entry fees. Limited extra tickets will be sold on a first-come first-served basis.
COURSE: This point-to-point Marathon course is exceptionally scenic as it offers spectacular views of the Yakima River Canyon. It starts on Canyon Road .2 mile south of the Berry Road intersection in Ellensburg, Washington. After two loops, it proceeds directly south to the canyon. There are two major hills and many curves as the course follows the Yakima River downstream on the asphalt surfaced highway. The long downhill just before the finish in rural Selah, Washington, near the canyon’s mouth contributes to the net elevation loss of a few hundred feet as it brings the runners to the Yakima Valley orchard and ranch country.
The Half Marathon will be capped at 200 and will start at the 13.1-Mile mark of the Marathon Course for a point-to-point. Participants will be bused to the start (no need to reserve bus). Three buses will leave the Civic Center at 8:00 a.m. for the starting area, and one bus will leave the Best Western Ahtanum Inn (2408 Rudkin Road, Yakima) at 8:00 a.m.
NO EARLY STARTS.